Sunday, June 30, 2013

Diary of one crazy cousin (warning lots of words and no pics)

Last year Toni and I were lucky enough to be surrounded by friends and family for our entire wedding weekend. I for one was a bit apprehensive, I don't like being the center of attention, not even a little.  Then it ended up being the best weekend possible. I laugh all the time (really, all of the time), at everything (whether appropriate or not) and i think our wedding weekend broke new laughing records. When it was all said and done, and we were off on our honeymoon, I think Toni and I both had a bit of post wedding depression.  It was great to be together and on an awesome vacation, but the reality hit us that its unlikely we will ever have both our families and friends gathered in one place like that again. It's a sad thought.  We decided that we would start using our vacation days and funds to see family rather than just going somewhere by ourselves. It could mean spending an extra weekend in Palm Springs with Silver, a holiday in Alisa Viejo with Angelina and Jon, a trip to Granite,OK to see Meme, etc. 

And then.... Cousinpalooza happened. I took credit for planning it with Meme but really it was the result of a lot of coordination and planning by Steph, Misti, and Taryn (and probably everyone except myself). However, I would appreciate it if no one let Meme know that I stretched the truth. 

Living in CA I don't see family other than my parents very often. We are fortunate enough to live a short drive from Toni's mom and one of her sisters but I only see my sister and brother once a year. The rest of you it's more like every 5 years and typically for less than ideal circumstances. 

It's funny how we have all grown up, and changed so much, yet not changed at all. Maybe we just revert to the way things were when we are together. I half expect to blink and be back on the ski bob singing songs with Taryn so we won't be scared of the waves with Papa and all the other cousins in the boat laughing. Oh we can all laugh. 

Ok that's all I got. Next year I will see you all in Branson (or maybe grand lake). I'm also hoping Toni and I can make it back to Granite again sometime later this year as well so maybe we can see some of you then. 

I'm now done blogging for awhile. This is probably shocking to most since I'm always blogging. Toni will post pictures once we get home and she can get them organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment