Monday, June 24, 2013

New Things and The Waiting Game

It's been years since I've had my blog on Blogger. Things have changed around here. Probably if I wanted to or just had the time to take I could find a tutorial or figure the new stuff out and get my sea legs back. As it is, I'm a pretty intuitive learner...I'll just jump in and we'll see where we land.

I haven't even written much at Misti Ridiculous the past few weeks. . . seriously where has the time gone? Change, death, travel, moving, jobs, all of it seem to have just sucked the first month of Summer out of our grasp. Next week is the 4 of July. . . where does it go? I'm going to figure out an RSS feed button thingy so that the family can just get alerts to new posts. That may or may not happen this week. But it's on my list. On my list.

Tonight Toni and Patrick arrive at my house. I'm so excited, they've never been here before and are getting in pretty late (for a school night) and though it isn't late for their time zone, it'd be kind of a wreck to drive to MeMe's after they land. So they're getting their rental car and making their way towards Brokedown Palace for the night. Tomorrow I'll be at work at 8am for day two of staff development, they'll head to Granite and we'll be one day closer to Cousinpalooza.

Tomorrow night, Brett, Taryn & the boys arrive. I've got so many things to do after work, first and formost I must get to State Beauty Supply and buy color and product to do Taryn's hair at some point this trip. I've just now started packing. I'm not too stressed. I'm of the mindset that what I don't get there with, I can buy. I've got the cats lined up with someone to feed and water. The raccoons come in and drain their water and food bowls so they're left without...jackass raccoons.

Wednesday I'll work until 12:30 then haul ass home. Load the car (which needs gas and a cleaning) go to the airport to meet Patrick & Toni as they return their rental, and head to Norman where we'll get Mark, settle last minute things from that house and begin the trek to New Braunfels.

Steph sent our list of do's and don'ts and we've worked up a grocery list just for Wednesday night and Thursday morning breakfast. We'll shop for the rest of the week from there. Check in is after 3pm, and we're suspecting Autumn and Austin to be the first to arrive.

At this point, the only thing I'm really worried about is that our koozies are en route and I hope they get here in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment